Insider’s Tips to Les 3 Vallées
I love living in The 3 Valleys, and for good reason. As the ‘Plus Grand Domaine Skiable du Monde’, this magnificent area does not disappoint –with diverse opportunities in abundance. To help with your holiday planning, I want to share my top insider tips for how to make the most of your ski holiday in Les 3 Vallées.
1. If it’s snowing head to Courchevel where there is a higher percentage of tree-lined slopes to improve visibility. Stay slightly lower and you’ll find you can see even more, and plus then you’re closer to bars for a quick Chocolat Chaud if the snow gets too much!
Office du Tourisme Courchevel
2. If it’s sunny take the opportunity of good weather and head to Val Thorens. It’s a fair distance from Courchevel, so set off early to make the most of the day! When you get there, make sure you visit Les Chalets du Thorens (360 Bar), where their Sushi master will delight your palate and gear you up for the rest of the afternoon. If you’ve got time, the Word’s Highest Zip Wire located in Orelle is 3,230m up and takes 105 seconds at speeds of up to 100km/h!
3. If you fancy a long lunch make sure you visit Le Farçon in La Tania. Michelin Starred, and with a lunch menu which is outstanding value at €42 (price correct at time of print). Perfectly acceptable in ski gear or in your finery, with an exquisite wine list and plenty of variation to the menu available. À la Carte is also available throughout the day.
4. If you want to dance well, it’s simply got to be a visit to La Folie Douce! Choreographed routines, live singers and costumes beyond your wildest imagination; by mid-afternoon, the tables are covered with dancing skiers and champagne is being sprayed from the rooftops. For a heightened experience, book a table in their VIP section with table service and exclusive views.
5. If you don’t fancy skiing The 3 Valleys has a plethora of walking routes, all clearly signposted. Look for the yellow signs, which even give you approximate walking times. You can go as far as you like, including gentle strolls. Just ensure you have suitable footwear – most of the tracks will be snowy! If this tickles your fancy, hire a snow-shoe guide and experience getting off the beaten track with snow-shoes and feel your feet float on the powder!
6. If you want to earn your dinner book for a meal at the Refuge du Plan, above Lac Tueda in Méribel Mottaret. It’s approximately a 30-minute relaxed walk up to the refuge, where you’ll be greeted with unbeatable star-gazing and lots of melted cheese and Savoie specialities. It is also possible to rent out the whole refuge if there are a few of you, or you want a private evening.
Katie Probert Photography
7. If you love the views book a private flight from either Courchevel or Méribel Altiport and experience the views from above. All flights are personalised to suit your desires, from location to duration, with unbeatable views of the valleys.
David Beuzeval Photography
8. If you crave thrill-factor take a parapente flight. Available at various locations throughout all three valleys. Picture yourself skiing off the side of the hill and being surged up by a huge wing with a fully qualified instructor tied to you. Once you’re up, you’ll be astounded by the views, stillness and absolute silence as you to take in your surroundings.
With so much on offer in The 3 Valleys, it’s almost hard to know where to start! Get in touch with us and let us curate the perfect chalet experience. All you need to do is sit back and relax, and our pre-arrival and in-resort concierge team use their extensive partner network to do the rest. From bespoke experiences to personalised menus, you’ll find it all in our exceptional chalets.